Physical Activity and Sports Studies
Physical Activity and Sports Studies aims to enhance students’ capacity to participate effectively in physical activity and sport, leading to improved quality of life for themselves and others.
Students engage in a wide range of physical activities in order to develop key understandings about how and why we move and how to enhance quality and enjoyment of movement.
Students may undertake either 100 hours or 200 hours of study in Physical Activity and Sports Studies. Satisfactory completion of 100 or 200 hours of study in Physical Activity and Sports Studies Years 7–10, during Stage 5 (Years 9 and 10), will be recorded with a grade on the student’s Record of School Achievement (ROSA).
More About Physical Activity and Sports Studies
Students will learn about
FOUNDATIONS OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- Body systems and energy for physical activity
- Physical activity for health
- Physical fitness
- Fundamentals of movement skill development
- Nutrition and physical activity
- Participating with safety
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND SPORT IN SOCIETY
- Australia’s sporting identity
- Lifestyle, leisure and recreation
- Physical activity and sport for specific groups
- Opportunities and pathways in physical activity and sport
- Issues in physical activity and sport
ENHANCING PARTICIPATION AND PERFORMANCE
- Promoting active lifestyles
- Enhancing performance – strategies and techniques
- Technology, participation and performance
- Event management
Students will learn to
- Work collaboratively with others to enhance participation, enjoyment and performance in physical activity and sport
- Display management and planning skills to achieve personal and group goals in physical activity and sport
- Perform movement skills with increasing proficiency
- Analyse and appraise information, opinions and observations to inform physical activity and sport decisions.
Got a Question?
Fill out the form below and we will be in touch.