Kids Confidence Program
The Kids Confidence Program has been formulated to promote ‘Social and Emotional Learning’ (SEL).
The program helps students to:
- Build an emotional vocabulary.
- Identify emotions in ourselves and others.
- Differentiate between red (unhelpful) and green (helpful) thoughts.
- Practice helpful self-talk.
- Recognising and managing stress and frustration.
Each Year 4 class engages in a 45 minute session once per week throughout one school term.
Methods of Delivery
- A student workbook with fun activities to reinforce learning objectives.
- Class discussion of key concepts.
- Role play.
- Facilitator and teacher feedback during small group/workbook activities.
Dr Paul Edwards (CHCCS Student Support Services) and Year 4 homeroom teacher.